A physiotherapy service is provided as part of our social programme to enhance the lives and quality of care for our residents. We recognise the importance of providing a comprehensive assessment to identify unique requirements, with the purpose of attaining the highest potential for optimal function and quality of life whilst minimising pain and dysfunction. Every six weeks, a group of eight residents are assessed by our physiotherapist (a member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP)) who will implement a tailor-made twice-weekly exercise progamme to meet the needs of each individual resident.
Some of the services we provide include:
• Initial assessment and treatment plans
• Fall risk assessments and prevention
• Balance and gait re-education
• Exercise therapy to promote independence and engagement in daily activities
• Assistance in regaining functional mobility